Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

and the good news is....its not mono

Friday I started feeling bad. achy and feverish. My joints hurt like I had arthritis or something. I didn't think anything about it since it was warm in the house and I figured I just over did it for the day and that's why I was achy. Saturday however I got worse. I still had the fever and the aches, but I also started having cold sweats, vomiting, blacking out, feeling dizzy, and generally worse. I let Todd know and he came home early from work to take care of the kids so I could sleep. Sunday still feeling bad. In fact I felt worse than the last two days except that my throat was hurting, my neck was stiff, and my ears were hurting. My temp got up to 103.3 and thats when we decided we needed to do something about it. We dropped the kids off at my moms house and went a medical clinic with weekend hours. Thankfully my mom put the bill on her credit card because apparently when you don't have insurance you have to pay in full at the time that they see you. (I know talk about ridiculous...cause if you can't afford to have insurance you sure as heck can't afford that kind of bill) Anyways they did a strep test and it came back negative and then they did a mono test and it also came back negative. So they determined that I have tonsillitis. Fun huh? So now I'm on some hard core antibiotics and get to take tyelonl every 6 hours until my fever breaks (it's down to about 101.5 still). I'm starting to feel a little bit better. Just really tired and my throat hurts a lot, but at least it's not mono and I'm not contagious so thats good. So if you think about it take a minute and say a prayer for me as I need to be feeling better as soon as possible so Todd doesn't miss anymore work.

1 comment:

katy said...

yikes, i hope you feel better soon! It sounds like you and I have similar symptoms, it's no fun!