Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Typeanalyzer uses the Myers-Briggs method to determine what part of your brain you use the most while writing.
The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves. The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.
Monday, November 10, 2008
On a happy note I think I've figured out how to load pictures and so I promise new pictures will be coming in the next blog entry! I've also have some fun things to share or better yet I should say things that are making me happy.
1. My new slippers that Sam picked out for me the other week when we went shopping are nice and toasty and those silly little pom pom's make me laugh whenever I see them. I'm glad I got them since the weather has been cooler and it has been great to have something warm to wear around the house. We don't wear shoes around the house because it brings in dirt and stuff so it's a socks and slippers kind of house around here. Anyways here's a picture of them. Yes they are pink and in fact the picture makes them look pale compared to the actual color.
2. My Twilight soundtrack finally arrived this weekend. I've been enjoying it a lot and I think Todd is grateful that I'm not listening to my Gavin Rossdale cd again for the millionth time. :) Anyways this cd has a lot of great songs on it and has been fun to listen to. It's funny how many of these songs are from groups I've liked or listened to for a long time. I think though my favorite songs on the cd are Paramores song Decode and then Linkin Parks Leave out all the rest.
3. In the past Todd told me he was worried that I didn't have any hobbies of my own and that I should take time to invest in the things that make me happy. He was right I was really wrapped up in the kids and being some kind of domestic queen. lol. Since then I've made a point to try and enjoy my time a little bit more. These are the things that I'm doing:
-dinner out with a friend or friends every two weeks
-joined several chat sites that discuss books I love to read (yes that includes Twilight)
-made new friends (via chatsites and through Pampered Chef)
-reading for fun again
-starting to listening to music that I love again during the day (instead of listening to the same kid cds over and over again lol)
4. Reading!! I've always loved reading. When I was in middle school I was reading John Grisham and Stephen King novels. I loved disappering in to a book and living someone elses adventure. College kind of burns you out on the whole reading thing and it had been awhile since I read anything except for the Harry Potter series or the occassional kids book. However, after reading Twilight I've wanted to start reading for fun again. I've also decided to try out some books that I might not typically like. Last night Todd and I packed up the kids and went to Half Price Books and bought some used books that were on sale. Here is what we got:
Midnight Blue the Sonja Blue Collection by Nancy A. Collins
Violin by Anne Rice
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
Night of the Wolf by Alice Borchardt
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
Rage by Jonathan Kellerman
Survival of the Fittest by Jonathan Kellerman
The Web by Jonathan Kellerman
Capital Crimes by Jonathan and Faye Kellerman
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
The Alchemist's Daughter by Katharine McMahon
If you can believe it we actually picked up all of these for less than $20.
5. I love Southern Living at Home Products. My friend Lori just started her business and to help her out we had a party. They have some really nice things. I was able to pick up some nice Christmas presents and had a good time having a party. If anyone is intrested in helping my friend Lori get her name out or are interested in hosting your own in home party or catalog show let me know so I can pass on your info to her. I know she would appreciate it and you would love the products.
Here is a link to check it out. https://www.southernlivingathome.com/Corp/index.aspx
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I love t-shirts so I was super excited when I ordered these. I got them from the same company online. The first shirt of the Lion and Lamb was too small (the company mailed me the wrong size, I didn't order the wrong size just to be clear) when they sent it to me so to make up for it they shipped the correct size and gave me a voucher for a free shirt and that's how I got the second one. Now I just need a new pair of jeans. lol. :)
I love wearing jeans and t-shirts
I have an amazing husband who loves me despite my flaws and puts up with me even when I dont deserve it
I am a mom of two beautiful, smart, and funny kids and feel blessed that they help me to be a better person
I work from home because I want to and because I love the freedom of setting my own schedule. I could be a corporate world type if I wanted to be but I choose to be with my family and enjoy life and that's okay I don't have to feel bad about not working a 9am-5pm job because I'm doing what I love.
I am obsessed with young adolescent books and that doesn't make me weird it just means there is still a kid in me deep down who loves a little adventure and fantasy
I'm sorta creative when I want to be.
I may not be great at any one thing in particular but I loved that I am willing to try it even if I am awful at something
I love music, movies, and reading peoples blogs. Those things interest me and are not a waste of time because they enrich my life with ideas and dreams.
I like a clean house, an organized meal plan, and a calender to write events down in.
I even like writing to do lists. It keeps me sane and feeling secure and there is nothing wrong with that.
I admire people who inspire people to change or be a better person and I aspire to be like that.
I believe in helping a friend, a neighbor, an aquanitace whenever you can because we all deserve a helping hand every now and again.
I love fancy shoes but will never spend a small fortune on owning them.
I appreicate history more now as an adult than I did as a child.
I am a romantic at heart and even watch chick flick movies on occassion and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I still hold out hope that someday my family won't be so broken.
I believe in God but struggle with a daily relationship with Him and I don't have to be ashamed of that because I'm not alone.
I believe that some friendships never go away but continue to get stronger even with distance and time.
I know that I am strong and can overcome obstacles in life.
I know that I do what I say and mean what I mean.
I was able to figure out finally where my cell phone pictures went. I hope to get the ones from my camera loaded soon. Here are a few of my favorites from the last month. :)
Oh and in case you are wondering Sophia is wearing a Harvard onesie. Our friend Casey works there and sent that for Sam when he was a newborn. We of course kept it for Sophia to wear too. We better start saving now if either one of our kids wants to go to Harvard. :)
Monday, November 3, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Sophia was a pea in a pod (thanks Robin for letting us borrow your cute costume) and Sam was a basketball player (he had the track pants, shirt, and jacket too). Both kiddos were cute and had a good time doing the Tricks on Main thing in downtown Wilmore. We had debated about going since Sam doesn't get what the holiday is all about and I really don't enjoy halloween. In the end we decided to go and Sam walked around confused and unsure what was going on and what he was suppose to be doing. He got a little bit of candy and we headed home. It's not like a 2 year old needs much candy anyways since they can be hyper enough without it. :)
Yesterday Todd had the whole day off which was a first for us during the week in a long time. I was off too since Brookelynn's parents decided to spend the day home with her. We went to lunch at Saul Good as a family. The kids did great or we are getting better at juggling eating out with two kiddos. The crew at Saul Good had dressed up which was fun to see. 2 of the guys Todd works with were hooters girls. Yikes! I'm still baffled on how they fit their big ol bodies in those ity bitty tank tops and shorts. lol.
After lunch we decided to go and buy Sam a new pair of tennis shoes. He seemed to be complaining a lot in the last few days about his shoes so we decided it was time to have his feet remeasured and get new shoes. I'm glad we did because he was wearing a toddlers size 7 1/2 but he actually wears a 9. Yikes!! I feel bad that he was wearing too small shoes. After buying his new shoes he seemed to be happier with the whole walking process. Oh and Sam picked out my new slippers. I needed a new pair and asked for his help. He picked out some really bright pink boot type slippers for me with pom poms. He was thrilled to help me pick them out and was excited that I actually bought them. I wouldn't normally buy pink slippers but because my son picked them out for me and was so proud of his selection I just had to get them. :)
Thank you! Seems to be Sam's new favorite saying. He says it all the time for everything. In fact it gives everyone a good chuckle since he says it in an almost sing song sounding voice. All I know is that the mail man, the Schwans delivery guy, and anyone who hears it can't help but smile at him and he loves it.
Hmmm...what else can I tell you all? Oh yeah Todd is now on book 4 of the Twilight Series. He seems to be enjoying the books and it's fun to talk to him about the books that I enjoyed so much. I still haven't really started reading anything else. We are all in the process of recovering from a cold. We are all feeling a lot better than we had been but it's still lingering and we are all still very worn out and tired from not feeling good. Hopefully soon we will all be back to %100 percent.
Well that's about that..I need to get to finishing up laundry, figuring out what we are going to have for lunch, and spend some time cleaning up around the house.