Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, August 2, 2009

a serious case of the blues






Don't worry I'm not depressed but my little home office sure was. The room though tiny works well for a home office. I think I was told that the little room use to be a closet of some sorts. The room had a very strange blue color painted on the top portion of the wall. The pictures make it look kinda pretty. However, in person it was not that pretty and was a weird robins egg blue kind of color. The lower level under the chair rail is some kind of fake wood grain something. I'm ok with the fake wood (for now) but the blue color was driving me crazy.









Today I had enough. I found half a can of a yellow/orange color that was used in the downstairs bathroom and decided I was going to use that to replace the blue color. I just started this project today and it already looks a lot better and is much brighter. It also helps that I removed one of the oddly placed wire shelves to open up the wall. Tomorrow I'll put on another coat of paint and then hopefully I'll be able to start putting the room back together. I still need to find another shelf or something as I don't have enough storage or desk space to work on. I often wind up taking my crafts to the living room coffee table upstairs so I still need to figure that out. What do you think so far? Oh and I realize that there is some blue showing under the new color. I didn't have a roller brush so I used a basic paint brush. After I get a roller tomorrow it'll look a lot better.








No comments: