Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

More Books I've read recently

These are in no particular order since my last posting about the books I've read. I think I'm missing a book or two in this round up since I sold a couple of books a little while ago. Anyways here are the books that I've read:



This is a fluff book. I knew that when I got it and I'm glad I did. It was lots of fun. The story is based in New York and is about a woman who gets in the PR world and learns it's not all that she thought it was. This is a light fun read and worth it if you like pop culture references like I do.

The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld. There are 4 books in this Young Adult series. The premise of the main story line is that the government has decided that everyone should be "pretty" by the time the turn a certain age to keep war at bay. The series does offer some interesting thoughts but overall this wasn't my favorite read. In fact it took me a little bit to get through the series because I often got bored and put it down many times.


I picked up The Pact by Jodi Picoult when I was on vacation in DE at a goodwill. I needed something new to read for my flight home. I had not read anything by Jodi Picoult before but I knew that she had written several books that had been adapted into best selling movies and that was enough for me to try it out. This book is sad and thought provoking (as I'm told all her books are apparently). It wasn't a difficult read and I think I read the whole book in less than 6hours. If you want a good cry this will do it.


I just recently learned that this book was being made into a movie and I was curious to find out what all the buzz was about so I purchased this book off of a friend. Water for Elephants is written by Sara Gruen and is about the Circus in the 1930s. I was actually really suprised to find that I liked this story. It has some circus history or legends mixed in with orginal characters. Overall it was a really fun book and I am looking forward to the movie adapation when it comes out.

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is a young adult book about angels. Fallen angels and the possibiltity that they could live among us and the possibility for change. It's an interesting concept and has some interesting twists. From what I understand there will be a sequel that will be coming out in the fall and I'm looking forward to seeing what else she has in mind for her lead characters.

2 comments:

~Sarah~ said...

I have seen "Hush Hush" in Borders and pondered buying it. I might have to now. I love that you read Water for Elephants. Can't wait to see the movie!

Robin Hartman said...

I'll have to check out Water for Elephants. I've been mostly reading books to the kids and flipping through craft books but I did check out Jimmy Buffet's autobiography, "A Pirate Looks at 50."

Can't wait to see you at your birthday party.