Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sam's quilt










After Sam was born I thought it would be great if I could find a way to re-use all his beautiful and soft baby blankets again. They grow out of them so fast and I hated the idea of just getting rid of them. I wanted to make a quilt for him but I lacked the skill and had a really hard with getting the basics of using my sewing machine down. I also had a really really hard time figuing out how to put it together and spending the time doing it. I was lucky enough that my friend Julie said she would do it and viola Sam now has a quilt that will cover his twin bed that he will now have for the rest of his life. I love how it turned out and am excited that Sam will always have a piece of his baby years with him. Julie is also going to make a quilt for Sophia using her blankets too in the future and Sophia will have her own blanket for years to come as well.







1 comment:

Carrie said...

This is a great idea. I have been saving Julianne's dresses to do this with.