Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

Nap time blogging

I'm happy at the moment. All is quiet at my house. For the last few hours I've listened to Sam and Brookelynn screaming at each other, picking fights, and throwing things. Gotta love this 2 and 3 year old age. To be honest I'm having a hard time putting up with this on a daily basis. I've got a lot going on with Pampered Chef and getting ready for the holidays that I'm finding I'm losing my patience with having an extra kid here during the day. It doesn't help that they spend all day fighting with each other. I don't know what to do, but I do know that something needs to be done soon before I lose my mind. :)

On a happy note I think I've figured out how to load pictures and so I promise new pictures will be coming in the next blog entry! I've also have some fun things to share or better yet I should say things that are making me happy.


1. My new slippers that Sam picked out for me the other week when we went shopping are nice and toasty and those silly little pom pom's make me laugh whenever I see them. I'm glad I got them since the weather has been cooler and it has been great to have something warm to wear around the house. We don't wear shoes around the house because it brings in dirt and stuff so it's a socks and slippers kind of house around here. Anyways here's a picture of them. Yes they are pink and in fact the picture makes them look pale compared to the actual color.






2. My Twilight soundtrack finally arrived this weekend. I've been enjoying it a lot and I think Todd is grateful that I'm not listening to my Gavin Rossdale cd again for the millionth time. :) Anyways this cd has a lot of great songs on it and has been fun to listen to. It's funny how many of these songs are from groups I've liked or listened to for a long time. I think though my favorite songs on the cd are Paramores song Decode and then Linkin Parks Leave out all the rest.



3. In the past Todd told me he was worried that I didn't have any hobbies of my own and that I should take time to invest in the things that make me happy. He was right I was really wrapped up in the kids and being some kind of domestic queen. lol. Since then I've made a point to try and enjoy my time a little bit more. These are the things that I'm doing:

-dinner out with a friend or friends every two weeks
-joined several chat sites that discuss books I love to read (yes that includes Twilight)
-made new friends (via chatsites and through Pampered Chef)
-reading for fun again
-starting to listening to music that I love again during the day (instead of listening to the same kid cds over and over again lol)

4. Reading!! I've always loved reading. When I was in middle school I was reading John Grisham and Stephen King novels. I loved disappering in to a book and living someone elses adventure. College kind of burns you out on the whole reading thing and it had been awhile since I read anything except for the Harry Potter series or the occassional kids book. However, after reading Twilight I've wanted to start reading for fun again. I've also decided to try out some books that I might not typically like. Last night Todd and I packed up the kids and went to Half Price Books and bought some used books that were on sale. Here is what we got:

Midnight Blue the Sonja Blue Collection by Nancy A. Collins
Violin by Anne Rice
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
Night of the Wolf by Alice Borchardt
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
Rage by Jonathan Kellerman
Survival of the Fittest by Jonathan Kellerman
The Web by Jonathan Kellerman
Capital Crimes by Jonathan and Faye Kellerman
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
The Alchemist's Daughter by Katharine McMahon

If you can believe it we actually picked up all of these for less than $20.

5. I love Southern Living at Home Products. My friend Lori just started her business and to help her out we had a party. They have some really nice things. I was able to pick up some nice Christmas presents and had a good time having a party. If anyone is intrested in helping my friend Lori get her name out or are interested in hosting your own in home party or catalog show let me know so I can pass on your info to her. I know she would appreciate it and you would love the products.



Here is a link to check it out. https://www.southernlivingathome.com/Corp/index.aspx

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I LOVE your new slippers! I was just thinking this morning how I needed some... my feet are getting a little cold and slippers are just one of those things that make this time of the year so cozy!! And I know what you mean about having an extra kid around... especially not your own. Went through the same thing (for 3 weeks only but still) and it's tough.

Oh- and glad you're getting yourself out there and enjoying your hobbies. That is definitely something I need to do more of.