Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Things that make me happy or least for the moment :)

Brand new door mat. The last one flew away in the last storm we had. It was a cheap mat and really wasn't that great. This time though I decided to get something a little better. Sam and I took a little outing just the two of us the other day and went to Lowes and bought this great door mat. Sam helped picked it out(he liked the dots). I'm thrilled that I have a new door mat that is heavy enough to stay put in this weird KY weather and is also good for the environment. It's made from recycled tires and meant to last. The best part it's just a touch sarcastic and fun. :)

Finding this picture of my silly Sam today as I was looking for a specific photo for a friend. He cracks me up and is so much fun.

New haircut and highlights. I went to Planet Salon and had my hair done. It's been a few days and this is the curly version and I still love it. It can't be very difficult to love a cut when it's both straight and curly (especially if your hair is naturally curly and they style it straight at the salon). I however love it and love my new highlights. Now to just find some makeup so I don't look like a dead vampire. :)

Finding a few flowers in the otherwise dead flower bed in front of the house. If the weather is good this coming week on Todd's day my goal is to pull some weeds and possibly get some new stuff to plant. Nothing says spring is coming like seeing some cute little flowers in bloom. :)

We are a two car family again. This makes me very happy. We purchased a 1999 Toyota Avalon from our friends (and Neighbors). It has taken a lot of stress off of trying to cordinate things with only one car, and has given me freedom to run errands with the kids without stress. Less stress is good. :)


Todd! He's amazing. Look at him feeding our sweet girl a bottle before going to work. Not only that he does breakfast every morning which gives me time to start the laundry, make beds, pull out everyone's clothes for the day, do our online banking, and whatever else I need to get done. He's an amazing husband and I'm so thankful for him and all the little ways he tells me he loves me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a happy list of simple pleasures.

Love the new doormat. GO GREEN!

As always, love seeing those kids. We definitely need to schedule a playdate with the boys.

--Robin

Carrie Rudy said...

Is Todd at DeShae's now?