Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

On a mission

I'm on a mission. Yep you heard right. I'm on a mission for change.


I was getting very frustrated with things in general and then it struck me that if I wasn't happy that I needed to change instead of waiting for change to happen.


What does that mean? It means a few different things. I've started a process of purging things that we don't need or use on a regular basis. We don't have to hold on to baby gear, clothes that don't fit, or housewares that we don't use and will never use.


It's been a process and I've been documenting some of that on a more private blog. It's been a learning process and it's been good to discover some things about myself.

I've also decided to work on eating and exercising habits. I figured part of the reason I wasn't happy was that I wasn't feeling good about myself. I wasn't feeling good because I wasn't taking time for myself. I'm now back on Weight Watchers and working out on a regular basis. I was so serious about working out and taking better care of myself that Todd and I went and purchased an elliptical machine so I can work out at home without having to leave the kids. Before even buying the elliptical machine I had already trimmed off 6lbs.

I haven't been to church in a long time. I miss it. I wasn't really feeling the place I had been going before even though it was a nice place I just didn't feel like I fit in there or that the kids were really getting anything out of it. I was praying about it and asking for a sign and then I just decided to ask people where they are going. I got tons of recommendations and though we've had two foiled attempts at getting to church we are determined to find a church home. Pray for us now that we make it to the church we want to try out this Sunday.

Part of this change process is also spending more time reading and being creative and spending less time being involved online or watching tv. I feel like I'm making a good strides towards postive changes and feel good knowing I'm doing things to make our lives better.

No comments: