Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, April 9, 2010

Things on my mind:

1. General health and physical well being
*Feeling better after I had a major allergy attack on Monday. It was not a fun experience. I now have an epi pen and have been on a whole round of meds to normal me out. Without having had a allergy test the doctor wasn't sure what caused it but has some thoughts that it might have been the fish oil supplement that I started taking.
* Since I couldn't work out because of the allergy thing I've been trying to figure out what kind of workout goals I want to focus on when I can work out on Monday. I started working out first to be healthy but then shifted my goal to see if I could reach my FDA recommened weight. I honestly don't know if I could even reach that weight but I think I'd still like to see. For that to happen though I'm going to have to figure out how to change up my work out plans to help with that. I also need to figure out how to eat less calories too but still maintain my enough to keep me going. I want to be healthy while doing this.
2. Better communication
* A friend mentioned in her blog about learning how to talk to her kids. She talked about how acknowldging how you feel and how your children feel and verbalizing it makes things easier. What do you know? It does. I did it all day long. It wasn't always easy but the kids seemed to respond better and we actually had less temper tantrums. I can deal with less tantrums. :)
3. church
*Went to church last week with the family and am looking forward to going this week too and hopefully finding out how to get involved. I am excited.
4. activities and ideas for family/kids to do
*Trying to find things for the kids and for us to do as a family. I'm trying to come up with ideas for crafts and activities. Also trying to find some things the kids can get involved in for a long term like karate or soccer etc. Sadly it seems like lots of those types of things are really too expensive for our small budget. Also trying to find a schedule that works for us a family so we can all get our time in to rest, read, workout, homework, etc. I've got one that seems to be working so we continue to see how that goes.
5. job/work/figuring out where I fit
*Still trying to figure out what I want to do or if I should be working in a different capacity than just stay at home mom. I have a desire to be a professional organizer/decorator but know that would mean schooling and work. Besides being a stay at home mom too I feel like I'm missing a part of myself by not working. Trying to figure out what that means and how to find a way to gain that back without creating more problems (like work schedules that conflict with Todd's and means I'd have to pay someone to watch the kids).
Anyways thats some of the things that are going on in my head. Anyone else have things that they are trying to work through? Anyone feeling what I'm feeling about things above? I'd love to hear from you to know I'm not alone in all this thinking.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Where do I start? I, too, have really struggled with not feeling "thanked" in my job as stay at home mom. It's hard to not get that paycheck at the end of the day. Being a SAHM is so hard! I feel like I've lost myself sometimes; I totally hear ya! On the other hand, I wouldn't want to work full-time b/c I wouldn't want anyone else to have to raise my kids that my hubby and I chose to create---but working part time doesn't make sense when the money you're earning goes to sitters, either. I'm with ya, girl!

Andrea said...

Oh, and as far as tracking calories---research it online a little bit. I've found the website www.livestrong.com to be VERY helpful in meeting weight/health goals! It helps track when you've eaten, burned, etc. in a day. It's a great tool if you stick with it.