Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Working out

After several weeks off (sickness and pain) I'm back to working out. Well I worked out today anyways. 30 mins on the event training mode on my elliptical and I felt like I was going to pass out. My lungs hurt, my legs feel like jello, and my abs/core is killing me. I haven't hurt this bad since the first time I started working out regularly almost 13 weeks ago. I had planned on doing 30 mins of cardio and then doing some weight training but I just couldn't muster enough strength to get to the weight training.

I don't know why it was so hard to get that workout in today. My health is decent. I'm no longer on antibiotics and yet I really really didn't want to work out. I knew it would be good for me. I would be glad I would do it and yet I still didn't want to do it. I am feeling really discouraged. Being off 3 weeks and then realizing that my weight goal was still a ways off (like another 30lbs!). I feel crushed. Lost. and annoyed. I've made good progress and even while I wasn't working out I managed to stay within 4lbs of the weight I was before stopped working out.

I should be happy about what I've done but yet here I feel frustrated at what I still have to do. On the elliptical tonight as I was breathing through the sharp pains I had to tell myself that I could do this over and over. It worked sorta. I think I just need to re-adjust my thinking and find a way to make this fun and find my motivation again.

This is where I need some help. What do you do when you hit a wall? I thought about changing my music again. I was documenting all my exercise and my food but that got really old really fast and I felt like I was a slave to it instead of enjoying my exercise or the healthy food I was eating because I was concerned about the calories or whatever. So yeah I need help and I'm open to ideas.

1 comment:

JaraBeara said...

I know when I get in a workout rut I change the time that I work out...or what I'm actually doing...like the exercise.