Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eclipse









As many of my loyal readers know I'm a big Twilight Saga fan. It's not so much about the vampire/wolf thing it's more about love, family, and figuring out who you are that really captures me in these stories.

The latest movie Eclipse just came out. Midnight last night to be exact. Though this year I didn't travel to be with my friends who are big fans like myself. This year I decided to stay home and try and catch the movie at midnight with Todd. I lucked out since my sister in law is also a fan and wanted to go so we met up with them. Anyways here are my thoughts on the night:



First I was disappointed with the lack of organization at the theater. Granted we couldn't get there to line up till 10pm but it was just one huge mass blob line that ran around the theater. Not cool since there like 15 screens showing the movie in intervals and it just didn't make sense to have everyone in one line. After the last movie ended though it was basically a free for all as people found their way to the appropriate screens. We got decent seats but it was kinda crazy.


Secondly there were lots of New Moon shirts on people. We were in line for Eclipse. Guess everyone got their New Moon shirts on sale at Toy's - R - Us at it's grand re opening or at Hot Topic. I saw only a handful of Eclipse shirts and I was the only that I saw with my shirt design on. Lots of people without movie shirts on at all. If you are gonna wait for a midnight movie at least have a little fun with it and wear a shirt or something. No shame showing just how geeky you are if you are already there for the midnight showing.

Thirdly--Fan girl squeals when Jacob is seen without his shirt, when Bella and Edward kiss, or when Jacob and Bella kiss is not necessary. Really we know it's going to happen and it's just distracting listening to someone giggle hysterically because the couple on screen is kissing.


Fourthly--The movie itself was great. I just did a re read the book the other day and I thought the movie did an excellent job of capturing all the big moments in the book without dwelling on anything too long. I heard a few complaints about the bed room kissing scene not being long enough but I felt it was fine and in some ways kinda weird to watch on screen. Kinda like I was intruding on some one's personal moment. The chemistry between all the actors has gotten better and everyone seemed to settle into their roles a little more and it really did feel like you could have been watching real people up there and not just characters in a movie. My personal favorites though were Billy Burke as Charlie Swan. He had some really great moments and it was great to see more of him in the film. It was also nice to see Gil Birmingham as Billy Black more too. I wish they had spent a little more time on the Indians history. The movie moves quickly and when the 2hours is up you feel like there is no way that it has already been 2 hours.

Overall I had a great time and experience. Glad I made it to a midnight showing and can't wait to see it again (which I will when I have time). I can honestly say that I'm glad I stayed away from leaked or released clips that were online and in interviews since I was able to be really surprised when I did sit down to watch it in full. I really enjoyed the movie and would recommend it to any Twilight Saga fan.

1 comment:

~Sarah~ said...

So glad you had a great time Nikki! The movie was really great. I agree with everything you said. Seems like everyone's chemistry onscreen is getting better.