Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Beautiful Chaos

Plant mom bought me after I finished the Komen Race

Sam in his new bed

Sophia loves her new bed. Look at all that space.

new bed

Sam cheering me on at the 5K

Heading out the door for my first 5k

Todd trying to teach Sophia how to play

Muse concert

At the Muse Concert

So it seems I have a touch of ADD lately. I have so many projects and things going on that I have been getting overwhelmed and just plain deciding to let some things go to the way side...like this blog. Anyways I'm going to try and get back to blogging regularly for all 2 of you that read this. lol. Actually I don't even know if anyone reads this or if I'm just doing it for myself.
Whatever the case may be. Here is what we have been up too.
*Nikki and Todd went to a Muse concert and the kids spent the night with Todd's parents

*Kids got bunk beds and we took away the baby gates for good

*We found out my bro in law and his wife are expecting a little boy on March 15th

*Todd loves to jam with the kiddos and has even tried on several occasions to start to teach them how to play guitar

*I ran my first 5k. I ran the Susan G. Komen 5K and completed it. 38 mins 20 seconds and I didn't pass out

*I spent the day uploading all my cds to Itunes and then figured out how to export it to my external hard drive (no joke it took me all day I had tons of music that was not even on my IPod yet)

*One of the cars decided to have issues so it's in the shop which worked out ok for us anyways since we decided at some point we did want to be a one car family. It just happened sooner rather than later. lol

*We have been working as a family to purge the house of stuff that we don't need or want in preparation for our move to Portland next year.

*Todd has been working as usual at Saul Good and also spending his time off researching about Portland and spending time with the kiddos.
*I'm still working part time

*The kids and I had a 24hour stomach bug. Yeah that was fun.

*We have re-arranged every room in the house I think

*Todd has made no less than 30 trips to Goodwill to get rid of stuff for me

*Kids and I played in the leaves in the back yard today

*We have been to the Farmer's market every Saturday for the last month

*We have made a weekly trip out to 1/2 price books to sell our books, records, cds we still need to go back out for another round of books, cds, board games, and possibly the gamecube and it's games.

*Learning we can live with less and be happy. More stuff does not equal happiness.
*We volunteered to host Thanksgiving or Turkey Day 2010 at our place this year. It's one of the tings I wanted to do before I was 30 and we figured this would be a good time to do it since it'll be harder to do after we move.
*I read the book The Shack (it was eh for me but if anyone really wants to talk about it let me know and I'll do a post about that)
*Sam's class went to the pumpkin patch and he had a great time
*Sophia and I have been watching Scooby Doo together on days when we haven't felt very good. She loves it and I love that she wants me to watch it with her. It's a nice change of pace from Dora and Spongebob all the time.
*We canceled the cable. Don't miss it at all. In fact we've been enjoying our stuff on dvds when we want to watch something. We haven't really watched much though. The kids play more with their toys and I've gotten to listen to more music. Not only are we saving money but everyone seems happier without the tv on all the time.
*The kids are really big into pretend play lately which is a lot of fun. Today they had a road rally in the back yard while I raked leaves.
Ok so that might be everything. I can't say for sure, but that does at least catch everyone up.

No comments: