Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Morning recap


(The above picture is a couple months old)

Todd and I had this great idea to eat lunch before my appointment today so Sam wouldn't be starving during the appointment and would do better. Ha. That didn't work out the way that we hoped.

I had my monthly check up with the Dr. (I'll be 25 weeks tomorrow) I love my Dr. but I always have to wait forever to see her because apparently everyone comes to see her too. Sam of course decided that he didn't want to be there and threw a massive fit the whole time we were there. The other patients in the waiting room were giving us dirty looks the whole time and the staff in the office kept making offers to get us a snack, a drink, whatever they could do to make it easier for us. After Sam ate a 6 pack of peanut butter crackers, a cereal bar, a dum dum lollipop and a whole glass of water he still wasn't happy. He threw his toys on the floor, started hitting Todd and was screaming louder than before. Thankfully after waiting an hour the office staff asked if we would be okay seeing the Nurse Practitioner. Oh course we said we would since we were all ready to stop the screaming.

As far as baby girl she is measuring right on target. Her heartbeat was great and sounded well. My blood pressure was on track too. I go back in 4 weeks to do a glucose test and the regular routine stuff. I've gained back my pre-pregnancy weight and am up a total of 2 lbs. :) Seems insane, but I'm just glad to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight since I lost so much in the beginning with being sick all the time.

Oh and in case you were wondering Sam didn't stop screaming until we were on our way out of the appointment. Todd and I were able to recover from my appointment with some Starbucks in our long ride home (since the weather is gross). Thank goodness for a yummy decaf drink. Anyways..we are all doing well and are enjoying watching MythBusters.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Mythbusters is fun! Poor little Sam... there's nothing fun about a Dr's visit especially when you're in the waiting room so long!! If you ever need me to watch him while you go just say the word.