Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2008

question

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on having a baby shower for your second child. I had a small shower with Sam when he was born and had a lot of fun. I obviously don't need a lot of the basics (crib, sheets, etc) stuff that you need with your first kiddo, but I'd love to get clothes or diapers and wipes for baby girl due in June. A friend offered to throw a shower for me, but I wonder if that's a little selfish to have another shower. On the other hand though I think every baby should be celebrated. Hmmm...what do you all think?

3 comments:

joanna.crabtree said...

I think that each baby deserves a celebration whether its your first or fifth! Go for it Nikki.

Marissa said...

I think it's DEFINITELY OK to have a second shower... especially since you are having a girl and you need girly stuff. So, have one!!

Unknown said...

I think it's okay if they're different sexes. If you've just had a boy and are having another boy -- it seems kind of weird and a strain if all the same people are invited. But you need GIRL stuff now (mini-wave in celebration). Shower on!