Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Beautiful Day (Why this day has been so awesome)

Today has been a beautiful day. Besides the fact that it didn't snow and that it was sorta warm outside some other cool and fun stuff happened.

*Todd was off of work this morning and we got to hang out as a family and went out for lunch (steak pizza and strawberry salad. Yummy!!) and I got two new cds today at Best Buy that I really wanted (Iron and Wine 'The Shepherds Dog' and Death Cab for Cutie 'Plans' cd).

*After getting home I checked the mail and found a package today from my friend Leigh-Anne. She ordered the movie The Cake Eaters and had it mailed to me. What a sweet friend. :)

*Bought tickets to go see How to Be in Nashville on April 19th. Colleen and I will get to see it and I'm so excited. The movie has gotten lots of great reviews and I'm excited to see it at the Nashville Film Festival. The cool thing about this is that the movie was sold out but I still managed to get 2 tickets to go see it. I called the ticketmaster of it and the woman said that I was one lucky gal because I ordered my tickets at the same time they were issuing a refund to someone else who couldn't go.


*New Sam Bradley song posted on video. This is how I started my day. :)



*The buttons that I ordered for my jacket arrived in the mail today so I'll be able to sew those buttons on and my used jacket will look good as new.


*Shared some friendship bread and some great conversation with Robin (my super talented neighbor and friend that I've mentioned before). We talked crafts, religion, family, and history. It's always refreshing to talk to her and I always feel like I've learned something from her after we talk.

*My adorable kiddos were in great moods all day. Sam even got to go outside and play with Todd for a little bit before work and it was great that they got to spend a little time together.
(this picture isn't from today but it's the only picture I had of the kids together lol)


*Now I'm watching Ghost Hunters and enjoying some down time while the kids sleep and Todd is still at work. It's been a good day! :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

LOVE to hear about a neighbor's good day! Hopefully tomorrow will even be better!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I didn't mean to go into teacher mode ;) ;) I forgot to tell you. I have the history channel special on Queen Elizabeth and the book The Other Boylen Girl if you would like to borrow them.

That bread was really good.

What Strawberry salad recipe did you have? One of our favorite salad recipes is strawberry and baby spinach with poppyseed dressing. It's yummy and perfect for hot summer afternoons.

--Robin