Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Creation Museum

















First off make sure you check my facebook for all the pictures. I have way too many pictures to post in this blog so if you want to see more and you will go look for my photos over on facebook. :)


After a rough start (we were up at 6 to be at the church by 8 and the kids were not happy about that) we made it to the church and left for our little adventure. Todd had to work so it was just me and the kids and the church crew (who includes my mom, dad, and brother so I had help with the kids thankfully). After getting to the museum and having a little bit of a hard time getting going (the stroller rentals were no where near the place that you have to enter so that was frustrating and then one lady told me to stand in one place for the group picture and then the other guy yelled at me to move which really upset me so I just stayed out of the group pic with Sophia) after all that and finally getting going and getting over a few tantrums by Sam we headed out to look around.

Honestly I can't tell you much about the concept of the place or what most of the signs or videos were about. I didn't have time to read or to spend much time in any one area. Took lots of pictures though so I could enjoy the trip later. lol. After we had some lunch (I had packed lunches for the kids and myself but Sam was so hungry that he ate my food and his so I had to buy food there) The line for food was crazy long and took forever, but after getting some food everyone was in a better mood. We stayed outside and went to the petting zoo, walked across a crazy bridge, and checked out the flowers and other other cool stuff outside. Before we knew it was almost time to go. We went back inside to check out one last exhibit which was the dinosaurs and then headed home.

The kids and myself are exhausted but I think it was a great trip all in all and I'm thankful for my family and the help they were able to give me with the tantrums and stuff. I'm sure their backs are sore from carrying around Sam at times. I think the trip was well worth it and it's nice that we were able to do something that we dont do on a regular basis. However, I think from here on out the only trips we will take will be to childrens mueseums and to zoos were things are a litte more interactive for the younger folks.

No comments: