Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

1 Week--reflections

So we have officially made it 1 week as a family of four!! It has been an interesting week full of adventure and sleepless nights.

Sam is slowly adjusting to Sophia. We have had to work with him on being gentle as he's unaware of his own strength and how easy he could hurt his new sister. He loves her though and tries to give her kisses and grab her feet and hands when she is crying as if to let her know that he is there. He also laughs hysterically when she cries. I guess he thinks her little cries are funny. Besides adjusting to the baby Sam is doing fairly well. I have a feeling though that his final 4 molars are coming in and that is why he is a touch cranky and has a slight fever. Hopefully though this will pass quickly and my sweet little guy will be back to feeling normal again especially since his 2nd birthday is fast approaching on the 14th.

(The first night Sophia was home Sam heard her crying and starting yelling "Mom, Mom, Mom" to come and take care of her. After getting her settled back to sleep Sam was having a hard time sleeping so he slept in my bed with Todd while I slept in his bed in his room with Sophia. Since then we have not had that happen.)

Todd is doing good and adjusting too! Poor guy needs his sleep and doesn't do well on this 3 hour schedule that Sophia has on at night. We've been told we can try and stretch out her feedings at night to get more sleep since she is doing so good. Todd is also back at work which makes for interesting days for him since he has so much going on. He is being a trooper though and never complains when I ask for his help in the middle of the night. I have the best husband ever!! :)

(Todd and Sam on the couch this morning sleeping during cartoons. Sam isn't feeling well and Todd is well...just tired.)

I am doing well. Physically the only thing that I'm suffering from is headaches which I'm going to attribute to the horribly hot weather that we have been having. It's hot inside our house despite having ac window units so when I sleep it's not nearly as nice and I wake up with a headache. I feel great besides that though. Sophia's feed/sleep pattern isn't that bad and I'm feeling like I get a little bit of a rest and time to play with Sam without him feeling left out.

(Sam loves his story time and was determined to get in my lap while I rocked Sophia to sleep so I could read to him. All I can say is I need a bigger chair!)

My mom came up from Texas and was here from Thursday until last night. She and I had some conflicts and were having a hard time being around each other. For anyone that knows my family they will not be surprised by this. She got to see Sam and Sophia briefly and then she left early to go back to Texas last night. My sister Teiah is having some problems and my mom felt that she should be there despite my own need for her here. It was a pretty frustrating experience with my mom, but honestly I feel less stressed now that she has left and I know that I can handle anything even if I don't have the extra help that I thought I would have. I'm not complaining though because I know that I'm extremely blessed with an amazing husband and have my other mom Peg and family around to help me if I need it.

(Sophia fast asleep..this was her first night at home in the crib)

Sophia is doing great. She is beautiful and amazing and so calm. I have to wake her often to feed her since she loves sleeping so much. :) This is a nice change from when I had Sam because he never let me sleep because he always needed to eat or something. Sophia is continuing to gain weight and grow..the pediatrician said that she is gaining about an ounce a day. In fact she was already close to her original birth weight when she saw him Friday. She really is a blessing and I feel so lucky to have 2 amazing kiddos.

(Beautiful girl..1 week old fast asleep.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so sweet...you have good taste in crib/bedroom sets. We have the same animal print stuff for Ethan. :)

Andrea said...

She is definitely beautiful and I'm so glad she's laid back for you---it makes such a difference! Glad to hear you're doing so well and thanks for updating. =)

Carrie Rudy said...

Beautiful! Please let me know if you need anything! Anything at all!