Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Something new

As a parent of two kiddos I've been struggling with how to spend time with both kiddos equally during the day. Sophia has her demanding moments but overall is really laid back. Sam on the other hand wants your undivided attention all the time which can get frustrating. He's a typical 2 year old wanting me to explain everything to him and to help him in whatever adventure he's into at the moment. Today I was feeling pretty good and Sophia was sleeping so I decided that I could give my little man my undivided attention for as long as I could. We played with blocks, raced cars on the kitchen floor, played with his barn and animals and most of all we colored today.

This is a new thing for us since I had tried in the past and all he would do is chew on the crayons or throw them. Today however though he decided he was ready to try his hand at coloring. I taped down a large brown paper to our coffee table and let him have at it. He did really well and had a lot of fun until I had to go and answer the phone. When I came back I found a large purple crayon mark on the couch. Needless to say the crayons were put away and we moved on to another activity. I was able to get the coloring out of the couch. Thank goodness I bought the washable crayons from Crayola instead of buying the cheap crayons. Anyways here are a few pictures of my budding artist and his creation.





This is what my beautiful little girl did while her brother and I spent the afternoon coloring and being silly. I am thankful my little girl is so calm and that I was able to give spend so much time with Sam and be silly with him. All in all a good day. Now if I could just find time to eat life would be even better. :)


No comments: