Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's official. Sam is sick. He had been having a fever of 101.5 for over a day and a half so I called the doctor and took him in yesterday. He determined that my little man has an ear infection in his right ear and that is why he has been so cranky. He's not feeling well. luckily we caught it before it got too bad so he's taking an antibiotic for the next 10 days twice a day. Hopefully that will knock it out and he'll be back to his silly self. I think his fever is already subsiding so that's good too. It's just not much fun with a sick kiddo and a newborn.

Here is a picture of Sam with his baby. My mom Peg bought it for him so he could have his own baby to take care when mommy is taking care of Sophia. He is rather attached to it and will grab for it whenever Sophia gets upset or needs me. He was holding on to the baby and trying to peek into the crib to see why she was crying to tell me what was wrong. He's such a sweet big brother. :)
Oh and no he doesn't wear the Sam PJ's all the time. It just happens that he is doing something cute just about every time he wears them. lol I swear he has other clothes.

Going to the dr. yesterday was an adventure too. Todd was at work and I got to load the kiddos up take them into Lexington on my own. Yikes!! I called my neighbor Amy to see if she could come and help me since I'm not really suppose to be picking Sam up until I have my 6 week checkup. Going out with two kids is harder than I thought it would be. Thankfully Todd was able to meet up with us so I didn't have to try and get everyone and their stuff into the doctors office by myself. Whew!

Speaking of not doing things. I think it's kinda funny that when you are discharged from the hospital they tell you not to drive, pick up anything heavier than your baby, and get lots of rest. I'm sorry but I've not been following those directions at all. I don't know how it would be possible to since I already have Sam and a husband who has to work. I'm here by myself all day.

If I don't pick up Sam then he wouldn't get a bath, be able to get into his bed, or be able to eat at the table. He walks and stuff, but while he's not feeling well he's a big log. As far as rest goes when you have two kids it's just not going to happen. lol. The thing that may not happen though is getting the dishes done, or getting a shower. It's funny how you have to decide for the day which chores you think you can do. Do you make the bed or wash the dishes? Shower or try to eat? Life isn't bad, it's just that you have to pick what is more important for the day. Like today Sam is going to hang out in his PJs since it's too much work to get him dressed without hurting myself. (My back is still aching).

Anyways here are a few pictures I snapped the other night of Todd with Sophia that I wanted to share with everyone.

And yes Todd has other clothes too besides black shirts --he's always in the black shirts since they are part of his work uniform.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Nikki--- I can't get over how beautiful Sophia is!!!!! So so beauitful. And poor Sam... seems like him and Jos are on the same ear infection schedule. Poor babies... and I love the idea about the baby doll. I want to get one for Joselyn to teach her how to be gentle so that when our baby is born she'll know what gentle means. Can I help you at all??? I know you ahve your hands full and I would love to help anytime! Seriously! And I know how it feels about the schedule. And I know it will only get worse. I sometimes get three showers in a week... I might be going down to 1?? Scary. Hope you don't think I'm gross! But I AM home all day!