Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Kids Room





I had been contemplating changing the kids decor around for awhile. After much thought I decided that I actually really liked the animal theme that the kids had going on. The problem for me was all the extra colorful stuff that was on the wall. It didn't really mesh. So I took it down.

I replaced the educational posters (that Sam had ripped more than once and had been taped like a 100 times) and the pirate map and flag (we can use that later on when he has his own room someday maybe) and made some new things for the wall.

As you can see from the pictures above. I made several wall art things for his room. I took some zoo pictures and a couple of good pictures from different random animal magazines that we had and made a large poster and then several smaller frames. I think it turned out really cool and was really happy with how it looks. I also took 4 animal prints that are cartoons and framed them up under Sam's name above his head board.

All in all I am very happy with how it all turned out and think the room feels more cohesive. Grand total for the project was less than $25 and that was just for the frames.

My next project for the kids room is to get the wood letters for Sophia's name (like I did for Sam) and paint them and hang them on her side of the room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love to collages. They look great! That's a very clever idea and something that transitions a little better as they get older, unlike the bright colored decor that you took down. We had the same problem with things in the boys' room looking too babyish.

--Robin