Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Valentines Day Gift

Better late than never huh? Because of Todd's work schedule he doesn't have much time off to do any shopping. I was beyond bummed when I didn't get anything for Valentines Day on Valentines day. Todd even had to work late so I didn't see him but briefly that morning before he left for work.

As it turned out his gift hadn't gotten here and was sitting somewhere in a post office even though Amazon.com said I should have received it. I got Todd the movie 'Fight Club'. Yeah nothing says I love you like a good action flick. lol. Anyways that came in the mail today and we are hoping to watch it later after the kids go to bed.

Anyways we headed out today so Todd could pick out my gift. Odd I know but I was okay with it since that meant we would all get a chance to get out of the house for a little bit as a family. We hit a couple of different stores but he couldn't find what he was looking for. Finally at Target he found the fondue pot that I had put on my wish list. What a sweetie. I'm looking forward to trying it out and getting to make something yummy. We bought some chocholate so we may be trying that out first. :)

After thinking my husband had forgotten all about valentines day he pulled through and got me a very cool gift (which was something that I actually wanted too!!).

If anyone has any cool Fondue recipes or knows of a good site to check out let me know. I'm excited about my new Kitchen toy. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's the fondue maker we have. We have the best little book if you'd like to borrow it, Fondue: Great Food To Dip, Dunk, Savor, And Swirl by Rick Rodgers. It has the greatest recipes for cheese and chocoate fondue. My favorite chocolate fondue recipe from Rodgers' book is in the Family Secrets Cookbook.

-Robin