Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!!

I found this balloon on my mailbox on the morning of my birthday (the 17th) from my neighbor Jen. Thanks Jen!


Okay so anyone that knows me knows that my birthdays are not usually the best for me. I have horrible memories of birthday celebrations gone wrong with my family (the police showing up because my parents were fighting or for a hundred other reasons), but since I've been with Todd he has always tried to make my birthdays special and he's done a pretty good job of it. This year was no exception though it wasn't a big thing I still had a good day.

We went to lunch at chipotole and then had dinner at my family (not the same family that I grew up with that had the police come over all the time for) house where Todd made one of my favorite dishes that he cooks (Caribbean jerk chicken with fruit over rice) and we hung out with family and our neighbor Mark (his family is already gone on vacation so we invited him to come too since he's practically like family since we see him and his family so much :) ) My mom made an awesome Red Velvet cake for me (which is my favorite) and I got some fun gifts --Scene It Disney edition, the new Artemis Fowl book, and the last Bourne movie. I had a really great time and I can say that this birthday wasn't a bust. Thanks everyone for making me feel so loved.

No comments: