Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh My!

What a day!! It started out pleasant enough. I let Todd sleep in since he was so tired and I took care of the kiddos. Sam had oatmeal and he ate it all and he was happy so I was happy. :) Sophia ate and then napped some and things were going good. Sam and I played and were having a good time and then we had lunch. Sam did good with his meal and then started getting really fussy. I figured it was because it was his nap time and he was worn out from all the playing we had done. I put him down in his bed which he then proceed to scream. I shut his bedroom door and took Sophia out to the living room with me.

After a couple of minutes I hear a loud scream and a huge crash. I went in his bedroom to find that Sophia's dresser was on top of Sam. Yep...he had pulled out the drawers and climbed on top of it. It of course fell and he got trapped underneath of it. He's fine just some nasty bruises on his arms and legs, but otherwise fine. I of course freaked out and called my dad Fred to come and secure the dresser as soon as he had time. He came a couple of hours later and the now the dresser is secure and wont move. I'm so thankful that Sam was okay and that my dad was able to come and secure the dresser for me so it wouldn't fall again.

So after all the drama of the dresser Sam proceed to be a big ol'pain in the butt. Don't get me wrong I love my kid, but today he was being a real monster. I had enough and needed to get out so I packed up the kids and we met up with Todd to eat half price pizzas at Saul Good after his shift ended. Sam of course was still acting like a monster throwing things. The worst of it was him deliberately knocking his cup of water all over me and the floor. It was a rough time out. Sophia of course was wonderful and hardly cried at all.

After eating we went to go and pick up a purchase that I found on craigslist (a brand new juicer for only $5!) we of course got a bit off track and wound up driving farther than we anticipated. I didn't actually mind the ride since I'm not out as much as I use to be. We finally picked up the juicer and headed back to pick up the van (we left it at Saul Good so we could all go together for the drive to get the juicer). As we headed back Sophia started getting really upset. It had been almost 3 hours since she had eaten. So we stopped off at a park so I could feed her and let Sam run around. Poor girl finally ate and then proceed to get sick all over herself and her car seat.

On the way home Todd said he was going to stop and get gas in the van since it was really really low. So I headed home in my car only to get a call a few minutes later that he had run out of gas and was on the side of the road. This of course was funny to me since I had already had such an eventful day of stress and frustration. We got the gas and we made it home without further incident.

Whew...I'm so glad that this day is almost over as I really don't think I could handle any more excitement. Oh course now that I've said that there's no telling what's likely to happen now. So here's to hoping tomorrow is a whole lot less eventful and a little more peaceful.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

when it rains, it sure does pour, doesen't it?? But if it weren't for these kind of days we couldn't appreciate the good ones. Hope tomorrow is better for ya!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, Nikki, I can only say that I can relate! I now tell all of my friends (tongue in cheek) to WAIT WAIT WAIT to have kids b/c once you have them, your life gets crazy!! This stage of life is NUTS, but the fun days outweigh the crazy ones in the end, don't ya think? Here's to a good night's sleep!

Sara said...

Oh, Nikki, you and I are are real pair, aren't we?? Between your stories and mine, we could write quite the entertaining book! ha! I'm so sorry to hear your day was so rough. I hope today's a better one!