Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Despite being tired and in pain (I somehow manged to hurt my back and it's killing me and that is part of why I'm so tired. I only slept 4 hours last night because it hurt so bad). I needed to get out of the house and have a few minutes to myself. I'm fairly happy with the way that my home looks at the moment as far as decorating goes. There are a few subtle things I'd like to change but I'm happy with it. Anyways because I had to get out I figured I would make a quick trip out to Goodwill. You never know what kind of goodies you can find and it's been awhile since I've gone. I was very happy that I went as I scored some fun little goodies. Check them out and the price that I paid for them below.


Old desk fan $5.50
It works too! It's a pale blue color and is really beat up. Not sure if I'll find a way to paint it or not as I kinda really like that it's old looking. The best part of this is I put it on the dresser near my elliptical machine and it'll help keep me cool. I'm thrilled to find this little guy.

Dark contemporary stand (holding the lamp now lol) $4.50
Love this. It's not traditional at all and it can be so many things. Put a cushion on top and it's a stool, stack things on top of it as a stand, use it as a side table or a game top table. Love it. It's not too heavy either and is a beautiful chocolate color. Right now it's holding the lamp that I just got and is next to Todd's record player in his chill room.

Dark brown/burgandy color lamp with bleh lampshade $6.00
I love lights. I really do. I love the personality and the shapes and the lighting options. lol Yes I'm a dork. Anyways I found this beautiful little guy and couldn't be more pleased with it. The base is a deep burgandy color and the shade is kinda bleh but that can be replaced later and is in decent condition right now. I love it and it's a great fit for Todd's chill space.


2 velvet orange pillows $2.00 total
I'm a sucker for the color orange. I love my burgandy, browns, blues, greens, but most of all I love the punchy color that adding something orange adds to your space. I added these pillows to the ones already on the couch. Love them. They feel like someone made them (and weren't mass produced or anything) and I love that. They are oh so soft too!

Tinkerbell flower headband $1.00
Oh course I saw this and thought Sophia would love it. It's addorable and was in great condition and for a buck who could pass that up.

Tiny woven basket $0.75
This little guy is adorable. He's big enough to store random office supplies, movie ticket stubs, receipts or whatever I want. I love natural element it braings in to my office. It is a nice mix with the orange storage bins, the chrome desk lamps, and the other baskets I have mixed in too.
I can't believe I got all of that for under $21! I love it when I find good deals!

Have you guys found any great deals lately?

No comments: