Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Decorating and taming the chaos

I was recently asked if I could do anything I wanted and money wasn't an issue what would I do?

My response was decorating/organizing.

I'm obsessed. Ask my husband he will tell you. I can't let things be. I always have a project to work on and have something that needs to get done above and beyond the normal household stuff.

I've been debating about how to pursue my passion for decorating and organizing. Should I go back to school? I don't really want to do more schooling right now. I love how my space feels but would I be able to do that for others? I dunno. I haven't had the opportunity to do that yet. Could I do that kind of work and still be avilable for my kids and husband? I'm sure there is a way.

What does all that mean? I don't know. I'm trying to figure that out. I do know that I often get compliments on how nice our home looks, how comfortable it is, and how it's so us.

I love the colors in our home (burgandy, blues, hints of green, and pops or orange), I like the mixture of chrome fixtures and the wrought iron pieces too. I love our over stuffed couch, our very tranditional pieces of furniture mixed with contemporary pieces. I love the clear glass vases, the childrens art work everywhere, and the natural elements like the wicker baskets that I use. It fits because it is us. It suits us. We want to be comfortable so we have too many pillows and several throw blankets out and candles in places you don't think you should have them. I just wonder if I could make someone else's space just as comfy in a way that works for them and not for me.

I love a good bargin. I hardly buy anything new and when I do I've gotten for a steal of a price. As I look around my house I can easily tell you the things that I've gotten new as there are so few. I like using what is considered second hand and finding new meaning in things that would probably be tossed away for something sleek, new, and without scratches. I know there are others out there like me that have a desire to make your home look good without spending a small fortune on things and who may or may not be handy/crafty. I'm kinda crafty but not so much with the handy part I haven't actually tackled many overhaul projects on furniture and stuff like that. Anways my point is I think I could help people make a space comfortable for them by using what they already have and love, using what they have and don't love so they do, and finding the rest of a small budget.

I think I'd like to try anyways. I don't know where to go from there though. I'd be willing to offer up some of my ideas on how to make a space work for you for free to get my feet wet and see what I think. If you live local I'd be willing to even give you 2 hours of my time in person to come and help you set up a room if you'd let me take some pictures and use it to help me start buiding a portfolio of sorts to help me figure out this crazy dream of mine.

If you don't live local you can send me pictures, call me, etc. and we can figure this out. I really would love to try and it's totally free. You can spend as much or as little as you like on your space and I'll help you get right.

No comments: