Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall Break

This week was fall break for us. Not in the traditional since since I don't actually have kids in school or anything like that, but it was a break from watching Brookelynn for us. Sam and Sophia spent a lot of time hanging out in pj's, watching cartoons, and staying up late. We didn't go anywhere even though it would have been nice to get out with just my own two kiddos. I think Sam really enjoyed mommy being so flexible on when he had to go to bed at night. He's been a much happier kid this week. I'm not sure if that has to do with having a flexible schedule or because he didn't have to compete for my attention because Brookelynn wasn't around. I'm guessing it's a little of both.

While Sam has enjoyed his freedom to play what he wants without someone else dictating his activities I've been able to read. I'm sure you are all wondering how my new books are. I'm wondering that too as I haven't actually started reading them yet. I'm currently re-reading the Twilight series. I realize this might seem obsessive to some of you but I don't really care. I didn't set out to read the books again so soon, but Todd started reading the first book and one night while he was working on dinner I picked it up while I was waiting for him and started reading it again. I think I enjoyed it more the second time around. I'm currently on book 3 of the series and Todd finally finished the first book last night. I'm glad he just showed in interest in the books I was reading and committed to reading it despite his busy work schedule and his own interests. For those that are wondering why the heck I would read it again the answer is that in the most basic way it's a love story. I honestly think that is what keeps me interested (even the second time around).

Something fun that I've found is the playlist. You might have noticed it on my blog. I think that is kind of fun and have been trying to find songs that speak to me. It's just another way to let you guys get to know me a little bit. I think music is a powerful and that it often relects the mood or the feelings of the person listening to it. The list that you see today will continue to morph as I add more songs that speak to me or that I feel relect my personality. I'd be interested in seeing if any of you have a playlist yourself. I think it's fun to find what it is that others are listening to. Believe me the list today is no where near done as I really do love music and haven't really begun to scratch the surface.

I'll try and get some pictures up soon. I still haven't figured out how to move my itunes libary or my photos over from my dead laptop to the new one but I am hoping to figure it out soon. I did just discover that my new laptop has a built in memory card slot where I can upload photos from the memory card of my camera or my phone so I may play with that later and see what I can do. I have some fun pictures of the kids on my cell phone that would be neat to upload for you all to see.

Well, thats about that. I should get back to my pj clad kiddos and figure out what it is that we are going to do today. I should actually try and get a few things done that actually need to be done, but it's just so hard to do when it's so cool out and I just want to curl up on the couch with my book and my kiddos and just hang out.

1 comment:

katy said...

I reread the first one too. I plan on reading the others again too. I read them so fast the first time that I know I missed stuff. I just have to remind myself not to get to lost in them though, they are addicting. :) I finally read the last one. I liked the series, but I have to admit, I like Harry Potter better. :) I'm still really excited for the movie, though!