Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Crafting

Today I made my neighbors some yummy treats...rocky road fudge and chocolate chip cookies. I was at a loss as to what to put them in as I didn't have any fancy bags or cute little boxes to put them in so I came up with an idea.

I re-purposed some baby formula canisters. I hate throwing away the canisters since it's so much waste since you can't recycle any part of it at all. Anyways I cleaned them out really well and washed the lids. After that I took wrapping paper and wrapped it around the canisters. For the lids to cover up the writing on it I cut out construction circles in coordinating colors and taped them to the top.

I wrapped the goodies in tissue paper and then wrote Merry Christmas on the top of it. All in all I was pretty pleased with how well they turned out. I decided that if do this again I will get a higher quality wrapping paper with a bit of plastic in it so it's easier to cut without shredding it and give it a little bit more of a polished look and maybe even tie ribbons on them.

Overall very easy to and highly recommended. I'm thinking I might do something similar and use them to store different things in...crayons, loose change, and whatever else I can think of.

No comments: