Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dr's appt and pregnancy update

Okay here's my belly shot for those that are wondering if and when I'd ever put one up. I'm 29 weeks tomorrow. Yes I know this picture makes me look huge, but honestly I think it's the angel in which Todd took this picture.

I had my Dr's appointment today. Did the fun glucose test first things this morning. The drink is orange soda like so it's not that bad. The worst part is that you have to fast before you drink it so you are starving by the time you do this test. As far as I know all is well and I won't have to do this again. In case you don't know the glucose test is to check for gestational diabetes which is common for a lot of women in pregnancy.

Dr. says my blood pressure is textbook. I'm glad since I had the blood pressure problem when I was pregnant with Sam. (But then again there were a lot going on when I was preggers with Sam that could have affected that-like temporarily not having a job, and living with in-laws, money issues...etc.) This time around though everything is going smoothly for me so far with the blood pressure thing.

I've gained 2 lbs. Woo Hoo! I'm up now like 5 lbs. So like I said the above picture is kinda deceiving.

Dr said I'm measuring a little big but didn't tell me how big since she said she didn't want to get me too excited about it since it could be just a growth spurt. She said if I'm still measuring big at my next appointment we will talk about it more then.

I start going to see the doctor every 2 weeks now which is exciting since that means we are getting closer to having baby girl. At the same time though it's kind of a pain since that means thats more appointments I have to keep up amongst everything else that's going on.

Oh and I was able to talk to her about the pinched nerve in my back. She said it was the sacitic nerve and was a combination problem of how the baby is sitting and applying pressure and movements that I'm doing that is causing stress on the nerves. Mostly she was talking about the way I handle carrying extra weight around--like my heavy kiddo Sam.

There it is folks. All in all everything is looking good and I'm feeling pretty good.

(****On a different note Andrea had her baby boy is all is doing well. Thanks everyone for praying for her and her family I know that she appreciates it.****)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thanks for the prayers, Nikki! We are doing so well and Brad and I can't believe there's not something wrong with Tycen---he is SO mellow compared to Callie as a baby! He's a dream, and I haven't had one moment of stress so far, honestly. It's crazy and I'm just waiting for the ball to drop. =) I hope the 2nd one is as easy for you, too! You're getting there, how exciting!