Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, March 31, 2008

Overwhelmed

Oh my...I'm feeling just a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I'm honestly surprised I haven't felt like this before now.

Sam has done pretty well overall today. I think he really enjoyed getting to hang out with Todd before he had to be at work this evening. However, dinner was a complete and total disaster with Sam being a terror. He threw his veggie lasagna all over the place, threw his fork, and then continued to cry and scream for 10 minutes because he didn't like what he was having for dinner. It was an awful mess and I was beyond frustrated with the amount of cleaning I had to do and with his unwillingness to even eat a little of his meal. I cleaned him up and put him to bed. I don't worry too much if he misses a meal since he eats fairly good for most meals and also has a snack mid day. Missing one meal isn't a big deal. I just feel so rotten that he was so upset and the only thing I could do to calm him down was to put him to bed without getting to spend time enjoying a story before bed (we usually read before bed). I guess I just have to chalk up his rotten behavior to the fact that he was tired. He's fast asleep now and it's only 6:30pm.

So this behavior got me thinking...I must be insane for having another child in about 2 months. Life is complicated and hard already and Sam is about to be 2 and then I'm going to have a newborn too. Oh my! My head is already swimming with all the challenges ahead of me. I'm sure we will be fine, but right now I'm overwhelmed with it all. Plus I feel like there is so much to do before the baby comes and yet I'm not really sure what I need to do.

I'm beyond tired, my back is killing me, and I'm just plain uncomfortable. Oh and I'm emotional mess too. I miss Todd like crazy. He's working 2 jobs and works every day. This Thursday will be the second day off he's had in over 2 weeks. I love him dearly and I appreciate all his hard work, but I miss him. When he is home I sleep or rest. I feel awful that I don't get to enjoy my time with him because I'm so worn out from being pregnant and having to take care of Sam all day. I just wish things were a little different right now for us.

I'm still plugging away at my Pampered Chef business. It overwhelms me too and I'm not even really doing that much right now. I'm doing a wedding shower at the end of the week and I'm overwhelmed with all that I have to do to be ready for that. Don't get me wrong I love having my own business and working my own hours, and I don't usually stress about doing shows and showers since they are so much fun for me. However, this show is stressing me out since I've got so much to do before Friday that I'm feeling like I don't even know where to start. This is where my compulsive list making skills come in handy. lol

I know this feeling will pass I just need to take it easy and take it one day at a time. If you think of us..say a little prayer for me. I could use it right about now.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I'm sorry it's been so overwhelming for you. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. You're doing a WONDERFUL job as a wife, mother and pregnant person. You're amazing to handle all that you do!! You really are!

Unknown said...

You're not crazy for having another one! You'll be great! I know it's overwhelming--I totally have days like that too. (And I don't even have another one on the way yet.) Hang in there. Tomorrow is always another day. (That sounds cheesy but is totally true.)

Andrea said...

Nikki---Take it from one who is going through it right now---If you take it one day at a time, and just pray your way through it, you'll make it. God will never give you more than you can handle. I know that sounds so trite & easy to say, but it's what is helping me get through the rough patches right now. I'm told the 2nd time around goes so much faster, so just remember how Sam got easier as he got bigger (until terrible twos like Callie!) =), and it will be easier and easier as this new baby grows. Praying for you & thanks for all of your encouragement! ~Andrea