Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

39 week check up

I had my 39 week check up this morning and here's what's going on:

My blood pressure was slightly elevated.

I lost another 1lb

Baby's heart rate and all are fine.

I however have not dilated or done anything more in the progress of getting ready for the baby. For whatever reason the crazy amount of contractions that I've been having every 5 minutes since last Thursday have not resulted in any changes. I'm exhausted and physically drained. I've been sick a lot too which explains losing just a little bit more weight. I've also been in a lot of pain in my lower back and my abdomen so with all that in mind the doctor has decided that Monday they are going to induce labor. She thinks that my body just needs the extra little push to get it going like it should since it apparently doesn't remember doing this before. lol. (Oh course there is always the possibility it could suddenly remember and decide to do something on it's own before Monday which would be fine too)

So Monday is the big day. I'm excited since I know that there is an end in sight and that soon our amazing little girl will be here and I will be in a little less pain. I'm also nervous as this is going to be a major adjustment for everyone having a second child around. I'm sure it's going to be an interesting couple of days with Sam and a newborn. On the plus side I know that my Mom will be here late Wed. night and spend 2 weeks here helping me with the kiddos. It will be nice to have her around to help as Todd won't be able to take much time off from working.

Anyways that's what's going on. We will be going in Monday 8am so I'm sure there wont be any updates or pictures from me for a little bit. I will try to post info when I feel up to it. :) So be patient with that as I'm sure you all are as excited as we are to see our little girl.

In the meantime pray for us as we prepare for our little girls arrival and pray that I am able to get some rest (I'm exhausted and I know I need some rest before the baby comes). Thanks everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I will be praying that L&D go smoothly and that those first few days of transition (and rest, hopefully) are happy and wonderful for your family. Can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl!