Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, May 8, 2008

This and That



The above pictures are from Tuesday morning. Sam had gotten up and came into our bedroom to snuggle with Daddy. Usually he comes in to see me, but I was already up so Sam decided to relax with Todd. How cute are these pictures? I love my guys.

I had my 36 week check up today. My normal Dr. was out since she just gave birth to her fourth child on Monday so I had to see a different doctor. She was nice, but I had to wait a really long time even though I was her first appointment of the day and she didn't give me much of my info that I like to keep up with. I wound up asking the girl who checked me out to tell me the stats. So here's what we know:

Baby's heartbeat: 155
Baby measurement: right on target with 36 weeks
Weight gained: 3 lbs which brings me up to 10lbs total gain
Blood pressure: 116/65 or something close to that

It doesn't appear that I've progressed any more with the whole dilating thing and what not. Bummer. I was hoping I would have, but I guess I just have to be a little patient with it.

I have been having lots of pelvic pain which she said is normal since it does appear that the baby is even lower than before. So I guess that's good news. I'm also feeling really sick to my stomach a lot and having tons of heartburn even though I'm on meds for that. I guess that's just my body telling me something big is going to be happening soon. At least that's what I hope it means. :)

I'm not sleeping all that great and feel so tired all the time which is hard since obviously I can't sleep all the time when I have a toddler.

Sam is doing great. He has calmed down on the temper tantrums and seems to be sleeping better since we put the AC window unit in his room. Maybe it's the noise or it being cooler, but whatever the case he has been sleeping much better and not getting up so fussy in the mornings or at nap time. I am thankful for that. :)

He is also walking tons more. Every day he does more than the last. He's even starting to venture out a little more on his own outside. I think playing with the neighbor kids helps with that. It looks like any day now he will just take off in a run outside. I am so excited about his progress and can't wait to see what he does next.

Todd is working tons of hours trying to do what he can before the baby makes her arrival. I'm thankful for all his hard work and how hard he works at supporting us all. With him working at Saul Good we are able to visit too so that is nice especially on days where I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. If you are in the Lexington area and still haven't tried the food you should it's a nice place and the food is great.

Well...I think that's about it for now.

1 comment:

Carrie Rudy said...

Cute pics!!! Is Sam in a big boy bed now? I think we might move our Sam to his in the next few months. By the way the macaroni comment my hubby made is his sillyness. He can be very sweet but it also comes out kinda silly.