Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend Update

I'm tired. I just thought I would start off with that. It's been a long and tiring weekend. Good but exhausting.

Friday Sam and I went up to see Todd at Saul Good since he was working a double. I was already feeling pretty tired and worn out, but went up for lunch and to chat with Todd between his tables. It was still pretty early in the day so Saul Good wasn't too busy. Lunch was good and then Sam and I headed home. After that he pretty much fussed and cried about something all day long. He wasn't happy for one reason or another and continued to pitch a fit whenever he saw fit. I actually took a "mommy time out" and stepped outside my front door to get a breath of fresh air while Sam banged on the front door (it's a screen door I just didn't up and leave my kiddo where I couldn't see him at all). After a few minutes he and I both felt a little bit better. A couple hours later though we went to a Surprise birthday party for a friend and Sam lost it there again. It was angry the whole time anyone but me held him, refused to let me eat or eat himself, and cried the whole time. I think we stayed like an hour and then left. I couldn't handle it anymore. I was beyond frustrated, tired, and worn out. After that he seemed fine. He finally went to bed and it was finally quite in the house for the first time all day. lol.

I don't know why Sam has been in a mood lately, but it sure can be rough. I think he may be going through a growth spurt or something. He wants to eat all the time (except for when we are not at home of course) and gets mad if you tell him there isn't anymore. He's also adapting well to playing outside more and easily looses his temper as soon as it's time to come in. Ah...he's almost 2 so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. It's just hard since I have a hard time keeping up with him and have little to no patience for his tantrums.

Saturday was another busy day. Lucky for me Todd was off and was able to watch and hang out with Sam. I had a Pampered Chef meeting in the morning and then had my baby shower at 2pm. I had a lot of fun and was blessed to receive some really cute clothes for baby girl. We had tons of cake and cupcakes left over so after getting back from the shower I walked around the neighborhood handing out goodies to the neighbors that were home. I'll try and get some pictures up of the shower when I get them from Colleen later on. She did an amazing job planning and getting everything together and I'm thankful for all her hard work and love that she put into the shower. After all that I'm exhausted more than I was before. lol.

The end must be in sight on this pregnancy as I'm feeling very worn out and also wanting to prepare for her arrival as much as possible. I feel like I have a hundred things I want to get done or do before she comes. Pray for me that I am able to rest and feel rested and that I wont feel the need to be in hyper speed all the time. :) My back and legs are killing me too so it becoming harder to keep up with Sam and his path of destruction around the house. lol If you have a toddler or work with little kids you will understand how quick they are and how fast they move from one mess to the next. All prayers will be appreciated.

Anyways....that gets us up to today. We didn't go to church as I was too tired and worn out to even attempt getting myself and the little man ready to do that. I hope today is more restful than the last several have been. I need the rest.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

You poor thing! Hang in there! The reward will be cute and sweet! Sorry I missed your shower though... lets meet up this week sometime!