Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, May 25, 2008

False alarm

Last night I started having contractions regularly at 7pm. They were coming every 5 minutes and lasting from 30-45 seconds long. I felt okay and was walking and talking and still doing everything I normally do. By 11pm though they became stronger and were lasting up to a minute to a minute and a half each. So at 12 midnight I called the doctor to find out what I should do. She recommend that I come in and get checked since I had now been having contractions regularly since 7pm.

After calling my mom and having her come over so someone would be here with Sam we headed to the hospital. Anyways after checking in and being there for about 2 hours they sent me home. I was having contractions, but they determined that I was not in labor and sent me home. I'm still about 3cm dilated but I'm now about 80% effaced. After getting a late night snack we came home, sent my mom home, and spent a few minutes with Sam who woke up when we got home.

So that brings us to now...I'm not having any contractions but am exhausted from being up late. Todd is home with me now until about 4pm when he goes into work so I've been able to rest and be lazy which is nice. Once Sam has lunch I think the plan is that we will all try and take a nap. :)
We are all tired from our long night from our false alarm.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh, I'm sorry it was a false alarm! I had one of those, too, and I cried all the way home from the hospital. I just wanted to be DONE! You'll make it. Hopefully next time it won't be false, it'll just be an "alarm" and that baby will come out! =)