Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, April 4, 2008

long night

Sam went to bed last night around 7pm. Todd and I called it a night around 9pm. Yes, we are old and went to bed at 9pm. lol. Anyways around midnight I had trouble sleeping and decided to get up and play on the computer to help me get sleepy again. It worked and around 1:30am I was back in bed.

2am and Sam decides he wants to be up. It was storming outside so I figured he was awake because of that...we did everything we could to get him back into his bed. Changed his diaper, gave him some water, laid with him in his bed, put him in his bed by himself and even tried to get him to sleep with us which we don't normally do. To no avail He did not want to sleep and continued to get up every 15 minutes. After several hours of this at 6am we decided to get up and have an early breakfast and then try to get a little bit of sleep before Todd left for work this morning. It worked.

Unfortunately before we were able to put him back down to sleep we had to change his clothes and his bedding. Apparently he got sick at some point during the last 15 minutes before we decided to just get up and eat breakfast. Poor kid. I don't know why he didn't want to sleep, but now we are all tired and worn out. Todd left for work a little while ago. He's working a double and probably wont be home until sometime around midnight tonight and I'm doing a bridal shower tonight so neither of us is feeling very rested. To make it worse Sam has been experiencing some bowel problems and making some messes that no one would want to clean up. Maybe he's got a virus and isn't feeling well.

Anyways...say a prayer for us. We all need sleep. Sam obviously isn't feeling well and of course life doesn't stop just because we didn't get any rest. lol I guess I should get use to this kind of random sleeping pattern again since the baby will be here before we know it. :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh boy...such is life with a toddler, unfortunately! I can relate to the crazy sleeping patterns, and it's no fun, so you are definitely in my prayers. These crazy kids just like to keep us on our toes, I think. I hope Sam feels better---it's so hard when we can't tell what's wrong and they can't really tell us at this point, either. =( I'll pray your day gets better, though. You'll make it and tomorrow will dawn bright & sunny! =)

Marissa said...

You poor thing! You've been having all sorts of rough nights lately! Hope it gets better!