Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Taken care of

This is going to be another post without pictures. Sorry everyone. I'm not feeling so great right now. Since 2am last night I've been horribly sick. I'll spare you the details since it isn't fun and nobody really wants that much information. Around 7am when we got up for the day I told Todd that there was no way I was going to be getting up since I was so tired and feeling so bad. He didn't argue with me, but instead got up and took care of Sam and his breakfast and all. What a great husband. :) He even called my Mom (Peg) to see if they would be willing to take care of him at church and watch him for a little while so I can get some sleep. It breaks my heart to have other people watch my kiddo, but I'm glad that he insisted and that they were willing to take care of him. I was able to get a good 2 hour nap in before I went to get Sam.

I hung out with my family for a little while. I was starting to feel a bit better, but not completely. I figured if I got really sick it was better to do it there while someone else was watching Sam. After a couple hours there we came home and took a nap. Yeah for another 2 hour nap. Still not feeling great and unable to keep anything down...not even Gatorade. So yeah, not sure what's going on, but my energy level is essentially zip.

My neighbors noticed I wasn't feeling so great when Sam and I came home so they have been wonderful at coming over and checking on me to see if I need anything and to see how I am feeling. I seriously have the best neighbors ever. My amazing neighbors also decided that since they were mowing their lawn today that they would go ahead and do ours too since I wasn't feeling well and since Todd works so much. How nice is that?! I'm so thankful for their kindness and would never have asked them to do that for us.

Even though I feel horrible I am thankful today for the wonderful people who take care of me and who look out for us. Todd got someone to take care of Sam for me so I could sleep...I would never ask anyone to do that for me. My neighbors and their acts of kindness today. I'm just blown away and so thankful.

It's hard for me to ask for help or to admit that I need help so it's a very humbling experience to know that if I ask for it others will help me and even when I don't there are others who aren't going to allow me to refuse their help. :) So I guess despite how awful I feel it was a good day spiritually for me since it allowed me to think about how much God provides for us even when we aren't aware of it.

*And yes I still feel awful. I've decided to take some phenagrin (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) to help slow down the sick. I'm hoping to get some food in me soon and get a good nights rest and be done with this. I hope it's just one of those 24 hour intestinal bugs. If I'm still feeling bad I'll make sure to check in with my doctor since I don't want to become dehydrated or anything.

No comments: