Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Slacker Mom

Today I was really feeling like a slacker mom. I'm having a hard time sleeping at night and last night was no exception. I think I've probably just been pushing myself to hard to get things done around the house and various other things. It has been a beautiful day outside and I was really feeling like I should take Sam outside to help encourage his walking and stuff. I was just so tired and worn out though that I decided that we would spend most of our day inside. Sam is a wonderful kid so he had lots of fun playing inside and spending the day in his pjs. Here are some pictures of his indoor adventures today.


After some hard playing this is what some of the mess looked like. Can you tell you he likes to play with many different things at one time?


Then he decided to he wanted to play hide and seek. He always hides in the same places and he cracks up everytime I find him. What a silly kid.

Sam also decided today that he wanted to watch some cartoons during his playtime so he went and turned on the tv. When I came in the room this is how he was laying watching tv. Somebody sure looks comfy.

After his brief half hour of watching Blue's Clues we had a luxurious dinner of Peanut Butter and Jelly. lol. He didn't mind and I think he kinda thought it was fun that he was having that for dinner since he only gets it for lunch every few days. See what I mean about feeling like a slacker mom...I was too tired to cook something so I gave him a PB&J sandwich.

We did eventually go outside for about a half hour and sat on the front step just watching everything in the neighborhood and listening and talking about birds, dogs, and the airplane we saw in the sky. He even ventured out to take 14 steps by himself barefoot. Yeah!!

To cap off the evening he did one of his favorite things which is taking a bath. Look at that grin. This kid loves being in the tub and splashing water everywhere.

I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about taking the easy way out of things today since I am allowed to get tired and feel worn out. Plus Sam had a good time being inside and creating chaos. :)

No comments: