Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The one with pictures

I realize it's been a few days since I blogged and it's been even longer since I've had a blog with pictures so today I'm taking care of both of those problems.

First off I can't believe that today it is cool enough to wear a hoodie. It's been so warm and nice that it seems weird to have to pull out a hoodie just so I can take the trash out or check the mail. In any event it's nice to see the grass green and see all the trees and flowers growing (even if they are making everyone sick). Here's a picture of the tree in our front yard. I just thought it was so beautiful and wanted to share it with everyone. I have no idea what type of tree it is, but it's wonderful to see it just outside our front door.

It has been an interesting week. I am feeling somewhat better. I haven't been back to the hospital or doctor so that is good. I think my next appointment is sometime this coming week. I'm still really exhausted and am having a hard time keeping my strength up. Pray that I am able to regain some strength and keep up with my monster of a son. :)

Sam has had an interesting week too with random spells of being sick and fits of defiance. I'm not really sure what's going on with that, but it is very frustrating trying to get him to calm down and discipling him when he clearly does something that he's not suppose to. Today he is a little bit calmer and for that I am thankful. Todd is at work so maybe Sam just needed some Mommy time to help him calm down. I'm actually sitting in his room while he lays in his bed (I promised him I wouldn't leave his room until he fell asleep for his nap). Here's a picture of this morning. Sam watching cartoons calmly.

Thursday we celebrated with my friend Colleen for her birthday. Her actual birthday was Friday but we decided to start celebrating early. :) We all had dinner at Saul Good and ate lots of yummy food. Happy Birthday Friend!! Oh course I was a spaz and forgot to take pictures of my lovely friend and her family to document the occasion, but here is a picture of Colleen and I from Christmas time.

Friday was suppose to be a wonderful day off for Todd with us getting to do something as a family. We had even talked about a possible day trip, but alas our son had other plans and decided to get sick and then be angry and upset all day. It was a long tiring day, but we did get to rent two movies and hang out a little bit. We rented Alvin and the Chipmunks for Sam. He laughed a few times, but overall wasn't really all that impressed. We also rented Sweeney Todd and enjoyed it very much. So even though our plans for the day were canceled we did have a little bit of down time to enjoy watching a movie and eating a pizza.

Sam just fell asleep so I'm going to go ahead and go for now. There are a few things I need to try and get done while he's napping so I can spend time with him when he wakes up. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday with lots of rest.

No comments: