Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Todd's birthday cookout

Yesterday we had a cookout for Todd's 27th birthday. We decided to celebrate a little early since we didn't know if he would have to work today or not. His birthday is actually today. After much prep work and lots of phone calls we had ourselves a birthday party. It was a beautiful day outside and we were able to enjoy it by sitting on blankets and lawn chairs. It also provided the kids an opportunity to run around wear themselves out. lol. Sam actually did a little bit of walking and even was crawling and playing in the grass which was great since he usually can't stand to be on the grass.


Since Sam is a toddler it was a juggling act of enjoying ourselves and keeping him happy. I think for the most part everyone had a little bit of fun (even Todd who was chasing Sam around while I organized and got everyone fed). Here are a few pictures that my mom Peg took for me as I wasn't able to take pictures in the midst of everything else I was doing.
Sam (and my neighbor Amy in the background)


Coleen H. and one of her kiddos (Coleen does Pampered Chef with me)


My sister Stephanie and in the background is my dad Fred, my brother Sean, and David H.

My wonderful neighbor Amy. I guess her hubby was already gone for work by this point in the evening, but they are the ones that I'm always talking about.


My brother Sean (who needs a haircut. lol) and David H. (David is the pastor who married Todd and I a little over 5 years ago)


My dad Fred and brother Sean apparently using my car as a table to eat off of.

Todd's dad Mike playing with one of the neighbor kids. Also in this picture are Sam and Amy.

My friend Gary and his son Nate. Nate is just 2 weeks younger than Sam.


Colleen E. and I eating. I finally had a chance to sit down and enjoy some food. Colleen is one of my best friends here in KY. She is married to Gary in the above picture.

Todd's parents Mike and Faye. It was starting to get a little cool out so everyone started bundling up. I thought it felt great though.


Todd and Sam. Sam was getting fussy and needed to be put to bed for the night so Todd being the best hubby ever decided to go ahead and get Sam cleaned up, read to, and in bed. What a great hubby. It was his birthday party, but yet he decided to be the one to take care of Sam instead of having me do it.

Well there you have it...no pictures of the cake or food and the massive stack of hamburger buns. Everyone was too busy eating to get a picture of all the yummy treats. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look great, btw! Such a cute preggo! :)

I commented back on my own post in answer to your question about my ring... it sucks.