Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

Sam update







Sam has been hard at play today. He recently decided that he likes making towers and stacking things as much as he does knocking them down. lol. It's fun to see him do something different. He's even learned that he can incorporate some of his books into his buildings and create other things. Such fun. He has since moved on to other toys since these pictures were taken. His room is a mess, but he's having such a good time and we are not watching cartoons (and I'm glad too...I love Spongebob but it's nice to have a break from it).

Sam had his PT appointment this morning. He did some walking for the therapist which is good though he decided that he would rather play with his blocks than doing anything that she wanted to do which is how it usually goes. We are still working on motivation factors to get him to walk when we are not in the house. He walks all the time inside, but refuses to do it outside. We have been trying to go outside more with him when other kids are out there, but all he does is crawl. He just hasn't decided that he wants to walk all the time yet.

His eating has gotten a little bit better too. I've readjusted the way I think about how he needs to eat. He has always been good at eating and meals, but in the last few weeks has gotten very fussy and particular with his meals. I think some of it has to do with the fact that he would rather play than eat. I'm trying to give him smaller portions of things through out the day. He eats breakfast in the morning, but instead of giving him lunch I give him some snacks (string cheese, pretzel sticks, cherry tomatoes) and then give him another snack after nap (yogurt, cereal bar, peanut butter crackers, raisins) and then give him his normal dinner later on in the evening. So far it has been working and he's less fussy with eating. I don't give him everything I listed above for snacks, but mix it up a little and try to get him to eat healthy all week vs. daily.

Tomorrow Sam has his first Dentist appointment which should be interesting. Say a little prayer for us. Thankfully Todd has the morning off so he can come with us since I'm sure it might be a little difficult for me by myself. I'll let you all know tomorrow how that appointment goes. For now it's time to put the little guy down for a nap.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It's so hard, but I think you're doing the right thing with meals. I was told I'll be lucky if my 2-year-old gets one good meal in her a day. I TRY to get Callie in the high chair every couple of hours for meal-snack-meal-snack-meal, etc. One thing First Steps told me is that I am responsible for offering Callie good choices of food to eat, but SHE is responsible for what actually goes in her mouth. Kinda takes the pressure off of me a little bit. OK, a LOT. Anyway, I hope you're feeling well and I'll pray that Sam starts getting motivated to walk outside---what a shame if he misses out on running down the driveway! =)