Nikki is CA bound

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, April 3, 2008

What a morning.

First off...I'm tired. It's been a busy morning. It doesn't help that Todd worked late and so we didn't get to bed until about 12 midnight and then today started at 7am. It's been a good, but busy morning.

I had my 31 week checkup today. Everything looks great. My blood pressure was 110/64 which is great for me. I've gained a grand total of 6.5 lbs this pregnancy. My doctor was making fun of me because I was wearing a belt with my pants and she said pregnant women aren't suppose to do that. I explained that I'm just big enough that my normal pants don't fit, but not big enough for maternity pants so I have to buy pants that are about 2 sizes to big so they sit at my hips and then put a belt on. She thought that was pretty funny. I'm glad someone thinks its funny. Anyways...Doctor said I'm still measuring a little bit big. I'm 31 weeks and I'm measuring 32 weeks. She said if I'm still measuring a week ahead when I get to 35 or so weeks we'll do another ultrasound to see how big the baby really is. She still thinks I'll have this baby before my due date. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

While I had my appointment Todd took Sam and met up with his brother for some tea at Panera. After my appointment we went to goodwill (no good deals to talk about this time). Then we went to lunch at Panera. They have wonderful soup and sandwiches perfect for days like today where it's rainy and cold. We decided after lunch we would go and see a movie.

We have never seen a movie at the theater with Sam. Even when he was a newborn we always left him with a sitter because we didn't want to be the people in the theater with the screaming kid. We figured since he's almost 2 and we never make it out to see a movie that we would try it and see how it goes. It was a great experience. First off we went to an early show so tickets weren't full price and Sam got in free. Awesome! We saw Horton Hears a Who. Sam was a little freaked about about the dark and the loud noise of the movie at first, but soon got over that and had a good time watching the movie sitting in Daddy's lap. As Todd would put it we even had a little Mystery Theater going on in some parts with Sam's running commentary. The movie was great and it was a good first experience for us all. I'm sure it didn't hurt that the movie was animated and was fairly short too.

We got back a little while ago and Sam is now fast asleep after his busy morning. I sent Todd out to the store to pick up some food supplies for the bridal show I'm doing tomorrow. I have the best husband ever. It's raining and gross and he didn't even complain about me sending him to the store so soon after we got back from being out all morning. I love my hubby. :) We are going to try and take it easy for the rest of the day since Todd works a double tomorrow and I have my huge bridal show to do tomorrow night. I should try and put my feet up while I can Sam will be up from his nap before I know it. :)


(Sam fast asleep after our busy morning out...Isn't he cute?)

No comments: